National Science and Technology Museum
Expands Your Imagination through Science and Technology
- Address：No.720, Jiouru 1st Rd., Sanmin Dist., Kaohsiung City
- Distance：2 Km
- Transportation：Take bus Red 28 at the rear exit of the train station the rear exit of the train station to arrive there.
The National Science and Technology Museum in Kaohsiung takes up an area of close to 20 hectares, it is the largest out of the same types of exhibition halls in Asia. It contains all types of interesting experiences suitable for children to play with, and it is no doubt one of the best places for family interactions. It is set to subvert your imaginations towards science and technology!
Liouhe Night Market
The Perfect Venue for Must-Have Delicious Snack Food in Kaohsiung
- Address: Intersection of Jhongshan 1st Rd. and Liouhe 2nd Rd., Sinsing Dist., Kaohsiung City
- Distance: 1.8 Km
- Transportation: Take the MRT to Formosa Boulevard Station and walk for 5 minutes to arrive there.
Liouhe International Tourist Night Market is the earliest pedestrian area and international tourist night market in southern Taiwan. It was formerly called Dagangpu Night Market. Built from the late 1940s to the beginning of 1950s, it was centered around Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, which was formerly the Liouhe Outpatient Department of Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital. The snack food vendors would gather on the vacant spaces in Dagangpu, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, later making it the most iconic night market in Kaohsiung.
Heart of Love River
Popular Romantic Night Scenery for Strolling in Kaohsiung
- Address: No.2, Longde Rd., Gushan Dist., Kaohsiung City
- Distance: 1.9 Km
- Transportation: Take the MRT to Houyi Station, and walk for 7 minutes to arrive there.
The Heart of Love River is also known as “Ruyi Lake”. The construction began in 2006, spending a budget of NT$170 million, and was activated on November 4th, 2017. The Heart of Love River is composed of the East Lake and the West Lake, with a bridge in between connecting both; due to the magnificent night sceneries, it is now a popular check-in spot on Instagram.
Rueifong Night Market
The Most Trendy and Must-Go Night Market in Kaohsiung
- Address: Intersection of Nanping Rd. and Yucheng Rd., Zuoying Dist., Kaohsiung City
- Distance: 3.3 Km
- Transportation: Take the MRT to Kaohsiung Arena Station, and walk for 5 minutes to arrive there.
Rueifong Night Market features many snack foods, and several vendors there have been around for 20 years. Each vendor has its own unique characteristics and flavors, for instance: delicious snack food including Want Go Steak House, Mongolian BBQ, Sate BBQ, Shanghai Crispy Chicken, Ancient-Flavored Herbal Tea, Japanese-Style Spicy & Hot Golden Fish Balls, Roast Duck in Bun and Lazy Man’s Prawn, Vermicelli Thick Soup, Traditional Almond Tea and Tapioca, Steamed Rice Cake with Pork Mince and Papaya Milk…etc., these are the must-have delicacies for visiting gourmands.
The Oldest Japanese Wooden Station in Kaohsiung
- Address: No.8, Ln. 90, Sande W. St., Sanmin Dist., Kaohsiung City
- Distance: 1.7 Km
- Transportation: Take bus No.88 to Tong’ai St., and walk for 10 minutes to arrive there.
People say Dihua Street in the north, Sanfongjhong Street in the south, this centennial historical site of “Sankuaicuo Station” is faced with bustling surroundings. Time seems to stand still here, where you may allow the sunshine to take you from the mountain to the sea, and from the century-old history to renovations. After the station was closed permanently in 1986, this petite wooden house has sat quietly amongst the bustling atmosphere of the big street for New Year’s shopping as the most beautiful background.